Looking For A Sponsor

Most of us who recovered with AA's program did so with the help of a "sponsor". But what is sponsorship? How do I get one? Who can be a sponsor? What makes a good sponsor?

Looking For A Sponsor

Postby MattF » Wed May 23, 2018 11:53 am

I had over 90 days sober, I relapsed, and my sponsor died. I'm trying to find someone online here who would be willing to take me on as a sponsee. I'm 23, a male, and a week and a half sober.
MattF
Forums Newcomer

Re: Looking For A Sponsor

Postby Brock » Wed May 23, 2018 1:04 pm

Welcome here Matt, if you click here http://www.e-aa.org/form_sponsors.php it will take you to the area where you can request an online sponsor.

Sorry to hear about the relapse and your sponsor passing away, you will find help here, and also anything bothering you or comments you want to make you are welcome to do so on these forums, as you know alcoholics enjoy helping each other, and it helps us as well.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."
Brock
Forums Coordinator

Postby MattF » Wed May 23, 2018 3:02 pm

Thank you so much, it's a pleasure to meet you.
MattF
Forums Newcomer

Postby Shoreline » Wed May 23, 2018 3:41 pm

Welcome Matt!
Shoreline
Forums Enthusiast

Postby MattF » Thu May 24, 2018 1:58 am

Thanks!
MattF
Forums Newcomer

Postby Tosh » Thu May 24, 2018 6:27 am

MattF wrote:I had over 90 days sober, I relapsed, and my sponsor died. I'm trying to find someone online here who would be willing to take me on as a sponsee. I'm 23, a male, and a week and a half sober.

Well done on the sober time, Matt. My suggestion would be to find a good old fashioned face-to-face sponsor. Mine was a Big Book and program type, no nonsense, and he walked the talk in all aspects of his life (which means he wasn't perfect either).

And although I say he wasn't perfect, at that time, he was perfect for me.
Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. Come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, yet again, come, come.” Rumi (No sniggering from the sex addicts)
Tosh
Forums Old Timer

Postby Roberth » Fri May 25, 2018 9:35 am

Hello MattF and welcome to E-AA. My name is Robert and I am a Los Angeles area alcoholic. To me the easiest way is to go a meeting and ask for help? If you have a pressing resentment PM me and I will giving to my number.
Robert
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in pretty, well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming WOW What a ride!!!!
Roberth
Forums Long Timer

Return to Sponsorship