To Sponsor or Not to Sponsor, that is the question

Most of us who recovered with AA's program did so with the help of a "sponsor". But what is sponsorship? How do I get one? Who can be a sponsor? What makes a good sponsor?
Tom S
Forums Enthusiast

Re: To Sponsor or Not to Sponsor, that is the question

Post by Tom S »

Hi all
Just rereading this quite useful thread. Reminds me of the latent power in labels. FWIW I have chosen for a while to try to avoid emotive labels or words that can carry lots of baggage, good or bad, when sharing with my sponsee. Instead we try and tease out the guts of a concept,looking for its relevance to us and our purpose, and to remember this is an action program and a step program. I find it way easy to overthink, over complicate and delay. Looking for a bit of balance as well as for the light in my heart and the other fella's eyes.
Nice on the Road with my fellow trudgers today.
Blessings on us all.

Service
Forums Contributor

Post by Service »

Asked "Am I isolating? Am I pulling back? "

From what? The whole purpose of the big book is to introduce you to a power greater than yourself that can intuitively handle situations that us to baffle us, we call him by name God. That is the purpose of A.A - So ask yourself are you isolating? only you will know. about pulling back, from what a God given instinct falling and getting easily diverted by an outside system from people in places that think they have this thing? Look within if you haven't already fell and been diverted.

Lali
Forums Old Timer

Post by Lali »

Here's Service again. Don't dignify his BS with a response. Let us proceed as if he weren't here.
Step 1: I can't
Step 2: He can
Step 3: I think I'll let him