New to the forum

New to AA? Got questions? Here's the place to ask. Note that no one person speaks "officially" for AA. AA meetings in your local area are always the best source of information. Note that anyone may post and reply to messages in this forum.
AndrewPayton
Forums Newcomer

New to the forum

Post by AndrewPayton »

Hello, I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Andrew. I was actually referred here by my probation officer. I recently got a DUI and am required to go to AA but am able to participate in this forum instead. I'm interested in learning new things here and keeping an open mind

MyNameIsBetsy
Trusted Servant

Re: New to the forum

Post by MyNameIsBetsy »

Hello Andrew, welcome.

Betsy, an alcoholic
"Rarely have we seen a person fail who has thoroughly followed our path."

D'oh
Forums Old Timer

Post by D'oh »

Hi Ande
rew.

It took me 2 DUI's to find the Program, well to figure out that I can't Drink, nor could I live without a Drink. That was 4 days of Hell, then I found AA.

I later found out that my second DUI could be Suspended, if I seek Curative Treatment. Well I was already in AA. so there I was.

Anyways, all of my Past, had just lead me up to that point, That Point started a Better way to Live.

Keep an Open Mind. You May be at Your Point.

YayoDrainoBankNote
Forums Newcomer

Post by YayoDrainoBankNote »

Wassup big dog, damn all bad a wet and wreckless. First off I hope you’re okay, and no serious accident occurred. We all F*** up, as time goes by we will grow more wise. That’s good you can use this forum for your AA and hope you truly feel like you want to be live a happy and sober life.

I’ve not really been addicted to alcohol, but I can say I’ve had such strong cravings for weed before that I’m probably addicted. And also made me discontent with being sober.

I do remember times I’ve had when I was sober and was enjoying myself, and always makes me want to regain that brain I had. One thing I will say, alcohol is really hard on my body and makes me not enjoy it as much, plus I’m a sucker for that feeling when you take a sip, so I drink until I pass out...