Justin Alcoholic

New to AA? Got questions? Here's the place to ask. Note that no one person speaks "officially" for AA. AA meetings in your local area are always the best source of information. Note that anyone may post and reply to messages in this forum.
YukonBlu
Forums Newcomer

Justin Alcoholic

Post by YukonBlu » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:41 am

Hi, My name is Justin and i am an alcoholic. My sobriety date is July 1, 2012. Currently i have a great sponser and am working on staying sober daily which is at times is harder than others. But the main reason i wanted to join this forum is becasue i started a new job and am finding it harder to get to meetings wed - sat. I figured i may be able to log on here and chat with some of you fellow alcoholics from time to time to help me remind myself who and what i am. Which at times i seem to forget, and i have to remind myself daily. So again hello and i look forward to some great conversation and maybe i can help some brand new people.
Justin

July 1st 2012

Texan
Forums Long Timer

Re: Justin Alcoholic

Post by Texan » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:18 am

Good morning, Justin! I'm Bill, aka Texan and I'm and alcoholic too. Congratulations on stringing a few twenty-four hours together! And congratulations on your new job, too!

You will find the folks on this forum to be very responsive and helpful when it comes to answering questions dealing with your sobriety as well as providing their prospective points of views on their sobriety. I became involved here back in early March of this year. My sobriety date is 03-14-12, for which I am truly grateful.

Feel free to pour yourself a cup of coffee, take a seat and enjoy the view and conversation. I come here often to help with those 'in between' times when I can't get to a meeting. Sobriety is the most important thing we all have in common.

Welcome again!

Bill
Keep on Keeping on, One Day at a Time.

YukonBlu
Forums Newcomer

Post by YukonBlu » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:46 am

Texan wrote:Good morning, Justin! I'm Bill, aka Texan and I'm and alcoholic too. Congratulations on stringing a few twenty-four hours together! And congratulations on your new job, too!

You will find the folks on this forum to be very responsive and helpful when it comes to answering questions dealing with your sobriety as well as providing their prospective points of views on their sobriety. I became involved here back in early March of this year. My sobriety date is 03-14-12, for which I am truly grateful.

Feel free to pour yourself a cup of coffee, take a seat and enjoy the view and conversation. I come here often to help with those 'in between' times when I can't get to a meeting. Sobriety is the most important thing we all have in common.

Welcome again!

Bill
Thanks Brother.... and that cup of coffee is sounding really nice :D
Justin

July 1st 2012

Lali
Forums Old Timer

Post by Lali » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:09 am

Welcome, Justin! I'd love to hear your story if you'd care to tell it.
Step 1: I can't
Step 2: He can
Step 3: I think I'll let him

Hanna
Forums Long Timer

Post by Hanna » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:17 am

Hi Justin, welcome. My name is Hanna, my sober date is June 17, 2012. I come here often, this is a great place to get ES&H. Stick around and keep posting, we are all here to help each other stay sober.
Good luck in your new job!
Hanna
We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know peace

rosco9058
Forums Enthusiast

Post by rosco9058 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:23 am

welcome justin i dont post a lot but i do read post daily it helps keep me focust in between f2f meetings welcome

Mike O
Forums Old Timer

Post by Mike O » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:45 am

Hi Justin,

Welcome to the group.

-Mike :D

happycamper
Forums Long Timer

Post by happycamper » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:27 pm

Hi Justin and welcome to eAA group. There is a great bunch of Folks here!
Faith without works is dead

jakpar
Forums Contributor

Post by jakpar » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:50 pm

welcome to eAA Justin, glad you have found us!
Jack

"We are of service by accepting responsibility for the authority God has given us and by respecting the authority God has given to others"
Anonymous

avaneesh912
Forums Old Timer

Post by avaneesh912 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:59 pm

am working on staying sober daily which is at times is harder than others.
Why is it harder? Are you relying on meetings or are you depending on your higher power?
Show him, from your own experience, how the peculiar mental condition surrounding that first drink prevents normal functioning of the will power (Alcoholics Anonymous, Page 92)

YukonBlu
Forums Newcomer

Post by YukonBlu » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:15 pm

Lali wrote:Welcome, Justin! I'd love to hear your story if you'd care to tell it.
Well i have never told it... and it may take a lot of typing. But i probably could, just not sure im ready to yet. But soon i hope.
Justin

July 1st 2012

YukonBlu
Forums Newcomer

Post by YukonBlu » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:30 pm

avaneesh912 wrote:
am working on staying sober daily which is at times is harder than others.
Why is it harder? Are you relying on meetings or are you depending on your higher power?
I am depending on my higher power and meetings, i have a big book meeting every sunday that really helps a lot. But i still do not have that much sober time under my belt. I get cravings several times a day, and i think about drinking a lot. It sure is a lot better than it was, and the cravings come and go a lot faster. Where as before i felt like was going mad sometimes and i had to at times talk to my sponser just to calm me down. It sometimes felt like my mind and body would tingle or start to panic when i had a drink on my mind and couldnt have one. I think u all probably know what im talking about.
Justin

July 1st 2012

avaneesh912
Forums Old Timer

Post by avaneesh912 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:40 pm

We refer to it as obsession. Craving is referred to the physical part of the disease which happens after we take that 1st drink. Anyways we get over the obsession as we start working the steps and as we progress along. The book says we are being restored to sanity when we get to step 10.

If you get a chance turn over to page 262 of the book and the story 'He sold himself short'. Dr. Bob worked with this person in one afternoon and worked the then 6 steps in a short duration. And the person went on to start AA in Chicago.

The early AAers didn't waste much time, they got on to business quickly and got hooked to the power the book talks about.
Show him, from your own experience, how the peculiar mental condition surrounding that first drink prevents normal functioning of the will power (Alcoholics Anonymous, Page 92)

jimbo d
Forums Enthusiast

Post by jimbo d » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:50 pm

avaneesh912 wrote:We refer to it as obsession. Craving is referred to the physical part of the disease which happens after we take that 1st drink. Anyways we get over the obsession as we start working the steps and as we progress along. The book says we are being restored to sanity when we get to step 10.

If you get a chance turn over to page 262 of the book and the story 'He sold himself short'. Dr. Bob worked with this person in one afternoon and worked the then 6 steps in a short duration. And the person went on to start AA in Chicago.

The early AAers didn't waste much time, they got on to business quickly and got hooked to the power the book talks about.

Avaneesh.... writes the truth. My experience was as in the book. I will make the same suggestion. Get busy with those steps. God could and would if he were sought. That means I got to seek him. I am not trying to be a downer here. I am sure you have made incredible strides thus far. But I know that if I did not rid myself of the obsession.... It was just a matter of time. And I would like you to experience the same freedom from Alcohol that I experienced. It no longer bothers me....My problem, it has been removed.

Mike O
Forums Old Timer

Post by Mike O » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:04 am

jimbo d wrote: Get busy with those steps.
I totally agree. This is the bottom line. There is no other way.