saying hello

New to AA? Got questions? Here's the place to ask. Note that no one person speaks "officially" for AA. AA meetings in your local area are always the best source of information. Note that anyone may post and reply to messages in this forum.
nelomelo
Forums Enthusiast

saying hello

Post by nelomelo » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:09 am

Umm hello. Looking for help. Someone willing to listen and help,advise. Anything

Mike O
Forums Old Timer

Re: saying hello

Post by Mike O » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:31 am

Hi there,

My name's Mike. I'm an alcoholic. Can I help?

-Mike

Hanna
Forums Long Timer

Post by Hanna » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:56 am

Hi, welcome. My name is Hanna and I am an alcoholic. Please let me know what you need, we are all here to help one another.
We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know peace

Lali
Forums Old Timer

Post by Lali » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:07 am

Welcome, nelomelo! Would you care to share a little about yourself?
Step 1: I can't
Step 2: He can
Step 3: I think I'll let him

nelomelo
Forums Enthusiast

Post by nelomelo » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:10 am

First thanks replying. Second is there like any chat rooms that are not flash app based?

nelomelo
Forums Enthusiast

Post by nelomelo » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:18 am

Um where to start. Just trying to get sober from last umm incident. Been close to a year. Can go for spells without but then something else happens. As i'm sure most know u start back with a venganc

Hanna
Forums Long Timer

Post by Hanna » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:02 am

Hi Nelomelo,
I do know what you mean, each time I would acheive a couple of days sober, I would think I would be ok with just one drink. It always ended up the same, one became another and another until I passed out, only to wake up hating myself.
I resisted AA for years because I was sure there was an " easier way". Well I finally came to believe that AA is the easier way. I can now wake up each morning and not have the regret, guilt and anxiety my "one" drink caused. I surrendered and became willing to try AA on June 17 and have not had a drink since,(119 days). I started by just putting off the desire for that drink one minute at a time. I listen to the suggestions and read the BB and it is working. You can do this too, it really does work it if you are willing. My life is still a mess as a result of the damage I did while drinking but I learned here, THINGS WILL GET WORSE IF I CONTINUE TO DRINK, BUT THINGS WILL WORK OUT IF I DON'T.
Things don't work out automatically, which is what want I wanted, but they will work out because I can now handle things that used to overwhelm me. Stick around and keep posting, you too can have sobriety, it's here for the taking.
Sending prayers your way.
Hanna
We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know peace

nelomelo
Forums Enthusiast

Post by nelomelo » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:33 am

Just now had a few texts for someone who says she loves me and will. Marry me. If she did i don't think it would be so hard to take 5 seconds of ur life to let me know every once in a while. We had major blowout. I get very depressed. So 2 forties become 4 fourties. Then it's all that with bottle of vodka. Then well i just lash out at her for not texting or calling for days. Say alot of really bad things n

nelomelo
Forums Enthusiast

Post by nelomelo » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:25 am

No physical stuff just things i know about her that would crush her family. I'm shaking so bad right now from DTs don't think going to make it through my 5th day. Sorry for rant. Someday I'll open up and some of u will understand. Getting off here to clean bathroom anything to calm down

jakpar
Forums Contributor

Post by jakpar » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:18 am

hi nelomelo,
welcome to eAA!
Jack

"We are of service by accepting responsibility for the authority God has given us and by respecting the authority God has given to others"
Anonymous

nelomelo
Forums Enthusiast

Post by nelomelo » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:48 am

Well thanks people shaking but i can do it today.

Tommy-S
Forums Old Timer

Post by Tommy-S » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:52 am

Hello nelomelo,

Welcome. They say the 'story' is the same, just the faces & places are different. We are helpless to stop (& stay stopped) on our own, and hopeless once we start.

You can use the AA website, www.aa.org, to find the phone number of AA near you under the Find Meetings tab.

Make the phone call... It's free and confidential.

Thanks, Tommy
Together, we don't have to cave in or wimp out to that Fatal First One, no matter what today!

nelomelo
Forums Enthusiast

Post by nelomelo » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:11 pm

Thank u tommy so caught up in other stuff i forgot that really why i came here. I just read reflction post on here and one of the posters had same prob i got. .let me go there now.

Karl R
Forums Old Timer

Post by Karl R » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:25 pm

Hello there,
Can go for spells without but then something else happens.
Sure...I identify. That's part of the insanity. With only the most meaningless reason, or for no reason at all I would take the first drink. And then...because of the way my body is wired it was "game on". Without control.

There's a way out of that trap. I found it in Alcoholics Anonymous.

Let us know how you are.

We've found a way out and it's free and available to you also.

kindest regards,
Karl

Lali
Forums Old Timer

Post by Lali » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:11 pm

It might be a good idea to see a doctor or go to the ER regarding your DTs. They can be dangerous.
Step 1: I can't
Step 2: He can
Step 3: I think I'll let him